Thursday, December 5, 2013

Yogi Pure Green Decaf

For my very first review, I wanted to talk about a tea that is not only delicious, but is sure to please tea-lovers from across the board. For that, I chose to review Yogi's Pure Green Decaf tea. 
The first thing that I noticed about this tea (aside from it's aesthetically pleasing and informative packaging) is the big USDA Organic seal right on the front of the box, which is a major plus for me considering I don't like my tea to taste like pesticides. In fact, if you take a look at the ingredients in this tea, you'll see that the only ingredient listed is "Organic decaffeinated green tea leaf." Which brings me to the second major plus of this tea, the fact that it's decaffeinated. 

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm a big green tea lover. Not only is it exceptionally beneficial to your health, but it's exceptionally tasty. I personally love a nice, big mug of green tea just before bed, but unfortunately my caffeine sensitivity prohibits me from drinking it as often as I'd like. But with this Yogi Pure Green Decaf, I can drink it no matter the time of day (or night). 

So enough small-talk, let's get on to how the tea actually tastes...

For me, I like to steep one teabag in 16oz of hot water for about 5 minutes, although the package recommends to steep one teabag per 8oz of water for 3 minutes. I'm not too precise when it comes to tea formalities, so bear in mind that you may have different results based on how you decide to brew your own cup of tea. But after 5 minutes of soaking, I got a nice amber-colored tea with a lightly honey-sweet aroma.

This tea definitely has a PURE taste, like it says in the name. Too often have I tasted green teas that come off as bitter or even citrusy, but not this one. To me, it tastes very mild with an ever so slight sweetness. It's well-rounded but simple, which makes it universally pleasing. Although I tend to prefer a green tea that has a stronger, earthier flavor, I like the palatability of this tea. It's smooth, light, and could easily be blended with other teas to create custom flavors. This tea is great for someone who is new to green tea or just likes to keep things simple. 

Not to mention that every tea bag has adorable little words of advice printed on every tag, my favorite so far being, "A relaxed mind is a creative mind."

Thanks for reading and Happy Tea-ing!


No comments:

Post a Comment